Traveling is the franchise of our happiness
Tickets, luggage, do not forget the power bank and stash a decent bag of snacks because travel season never actually ends. Don’t you just wholeheartedly love those midnight wake-ups to rush to the airport? I find the glory of touring to be the simple act of slightly tiring your body just to give your humanly senses a total wave of emotional rapture, a week-long glee.
A statistical overview
International tourism is on track to recover almost 90% of pre-pandemic levels by the end of this year. According to the latest data from the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), an estimated 975 million tourists traveled internationally between January and September 2023, an increase of 38% on the same months of 2022. This basically implies that 2024 shall prepare to be the host of another travel-daze wave.
Do entertainment and actualization go hand in hand?
Yes sir, they do and they rarely ever disappoint. A tourism conference, if chosen meticulously, can do wonders both for you and the hosting party. For an average attendee, this might mean a sudden broadening of their thinking, awareness of the world surrounding them and such an array of culture/ethnicity-related notions. With tourism events, you actually get to breathe out of the cloud, and sense the raw, unpolished heterogeneity of people in their most honorable state.
From a business perspective, however, the targets are slightly divergent. The underlying goal of attending any event from this viewpoint is often to get business leads and increase a company’s database. A substantial driver for companies to participate in any event is meeting and connecting with potential clients, and whether these contacts translate to business in the immediate or more distant future, they usually prove to be highly beneficial.
Moving on to the real deal…
With that being said, when was the last time you’ve been to a tourism expo or a conference for that matter? If you’re struggling to get a proper flashback, you might want to check out this latest, updated list of the top 20 upcoming European tourism fairs and conferences all around Europe for 2024.
11 January – 14 January 2024
Jaarbeurs | Utrecht | Netherlands
- If there’s something ideal for families, it’s without a doubt Vakantiebeurs! Get new vacation inspiration and be informed for an upcoming trip. Expect a wide range of organizations, hotels and destinations that can offer you the perfect vacation. As of 2023 the event welcomed 65285 visitors and 863 exhibitors.
- Want a ticket here and now? View the website and get familiar.
- When you visit Utrecht you will notice the Domtoren almost immediately. The 14th-century tower is the heart of the old city center. At 112 meters, it remains the highest church tower in the Netherlands and you should definitely give it a go on your free time.
24 January – 28 January 2024
IFEMA Madrid | Madrid | Spain
- The annual travel extravaganza that is FITUR takes place at the huge IFEMA Madrid venue. Drawing over 100,000 visitors and around 8,5000 exhibitors, it’s a global meeting place for tourism professionals, but it’s also the leading trade fair for inbound and outbound markets in Latin America.
- If this is your cup of tea, hurry to get your badge.
- Your spare time in the city should not be spent scrolling through social media. Instead do yourself a favor and go wild. Explore Avila and Segovia — two of Spain’s oldest cities — Madrid.
FESPO and Golfmesse Zurich 2024
1 February – 4 February 2024
Messe Zurich | Zurich | Switzerland
- “From hiking and active holidays to golf trips and walks around the most beautiful places in the world, river cruises and cruises at Messe Zurich. At FESPO and Golfmesse, you will find more than 500 exhibitors and everything your travel heart desires.”
- Ready to book your spot? Take a look at the tickets.
- It’s winter time and everybody who ends up in Zurich wants to witness the charm of a white Swiss fairytale. A journey to the UNESCO-listed Jungfraujoch mountain is well worth the views, but it can be quite the hassle of planning your visit.
Destinations: The Holiday & Travel Show 2024
1 February – 4 February 2024
Olympia London | London | UK
- Destinations: The Holiday & Travel Show in association with The Times and The Sunday Times, is the UK’s largest and longest-running travel event. Showcasing the limitless diversity of sights, cultures, landscapes, wildlife, people and experiences that the world has to offer.
- For ticket purchasing and contacting the organizers, you might want to visit the website.
f.re.e 2024 – Travel and Leisure Fair
14 February – 18 February 2024
Messe Muenchen | Munich | Germany
- f.re.e is Bavaria’s largest fair for leisure and travel. Since 1970, it has been offering inspiration, information and the right equipment for your travels and leisure activities. Nowhere else will you find so many experienced experts in one place. Take the opportunity to talk to them in person and compare the offers! In previous years the event has hosted around 160,000 visitors and over 900 exhibitors.
- Need a ticket? Some details maybe? Here’s the website.
- For whoever is interested in the historical part of their trip, take notes. Visiting Germany’s Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site with a guide makes sure you don’t miss a thing while on this tour from Munich.
Die Hohe Jagd & Fischerei 2024
International Trade fair for hunting, fishing, outdoor adventures & travel
22 February – 25 February 2024
Messezentrum | Salzburg | Austria
- “Going on a hunt through The Hohe Jagd & Fischerei combines trends, novelties, tradition, sustainability as well as knowledge in the product and service segment.” marks their official website. As of 2023 this event hosted 620 exhibitors, 44000 visitors from Central Europe and33 editions.
- In case I’ve peaked your interest, don’t forget to check the tickets.
- Salzburg is no place to get bored. One fulfilling activity you should definitely try is a tour called “The Sound of Music”. This might be the top choice for fans of the iconic musical, visiting all the most memorable filming locations from the movie.
FERIE FOR ALLE 2024 – Danish Travel Show
23 February – 25 February 2024
MCH Messecenter Herning | Herning | Denmark
- The Danish Travel Show is the preferred meeting place for the entire holiday and travel industry in Denmark. Join networking events, meet B2B guests from around the world, and participate in exciting award shows. At the 2023 event, there were 56157 visitors present and 939 exhibitors putting their products on display.
- For all questions visit the website’s About us page.
- Spend your days off on a culturally wealthy experience. Delve into the fascinating history of Denmark’s second city on this 2-hour walking tour of Aarhus. Spot city landmarks like the 12th-century Aarhus Cathedral and City Hall, marvel at the architectural wonders of the ARoS art museum and admire the reconstructed Viking stave church on display at the Moesgaard Viking Museum.
BTL 2024 – Travel Market
28 February – 3 March 2024
International Fair of Lisbon (FIL) | Lisbon | Portugal
- Year after year – BTL continues to be a place of choice for tourism professionals. BTL – Lisboa International Tourism In addition to hundreds of exhibitors from all over the world, the BTL includes theme workshops, destination and cultural presentations and gourmet tastings. Previous reports talk about over 63000 visitors and 1400 exhibitors presenting at the event.
- Think it through and purchase your tickets online, also check the website for any inquires.
- Lisbon has splendid views and landmarks to offer. No expense was spared when they built this masterpiece of Manueline and Gothic architecture in 1502, which was inspired by Vasco da Gama who is buried here with other great navigators of the past. Have you ever been to a legitimate palace?
ITB Berlin 2024
05 March – 07 March 2024
Messe Berlin | Berlin | Germany
- Internationale Tourismusborse Berlin or ITB Berlin is the world’s largest travel and tourism exhibition organized by Messe Berlin GmbH. Last year, in 2023 this colossal event hosted 90.127 attendees from more than 180 countries.
- Sounds like a plan? Get your tickets online and thank yourself later.
- Despite all events and happenings, Berlin is a city to be walked alley by alley. There’s so much to wrap your head around when visiting the heart of Germany, one might get lost in the process. You might want to book a half-day walking tour around the city.
- Fly to Berlin? Check out the flight prices
Salon du Tourisme Mahana Lyon 2024
8 March – 10 March 2024
Halle Tony Garnier | Lyon | France
- Mahana Lyon 2024 is finally announced. Taste the latest travel trends brought to you by our top experts. for an unforgettable vacation, Mahana Lyon is your best source of travel inspiration. Here’s your annual meeting for travel enthusiasts looking for ideas and advice for their next vacation. Whether you are a fan of new destinations, culture, gastronomy, hiking or relaxing on the beach.
- Tickets and additional information are available on the official website.
- Lyon is no inferior to the charm of Paris. Standing atop Fourvière Hill, this basilica, constructed in the late 19th century, has an ornate interior to contrast its grave exterior. Look through the tours and take a day to relax in the city.
Ferien-Messe Wien 2024 – Austria’s holiday fair
- The Vienna Holiday Fair is Austria’s largest trade fair for vacation, travel and leisure. At the Vienna Holiday Fair, numerous national and international exhibitors will present you with tailor-made travel and leisure offerings, exclusive holiday offers, leisure tips and inspiration for your next adventure. For 2023 this event has hosted 68923 visitors and 840 exhibitors.
- For any unmentioned information visit their official website and browse to your liking.
- In case you find yourself free for a day, try something refreshing. Visit the mountainous Salzkammergut region and the village of Hallstatt, on this day trip from Vienna. Take a guided walking tour of Hallstatt and admire the cluster of 16th-century houses and learn about the development of the village.
- Compare air ticket prices for flights to Vienna
FOR CARAVAN 2024 – Trade Fair for Motor Homes and Caravans
15 March – 17 March 2024
PVA Expo Prague | Prague | Czech Republic
- Fans of independent travel should not miss the 15th FOR CARAVAN exhibition of motorhomes and caravans, which will take place at the Letňany exhibition center. All brands represented in the Czech Republic will be displayed in their exhibitions. As of 2019 this unusual expo hosted a Total number of 34324 visitors and 202 exhibitors.
- Hurry to book your spot, get yourself a ticket and take a look at the website.
- Prague has centuries of history, and during this dining experience, you’ll discover what the city was like in Medieval times. Jugglers, belly dancers, and swordsmen will entertain you in the candlelit tavern, while you indulge in five indulgent courses—you can choose options to suit your tastes.
Holiday World & Region World 2024
International Tourism and Regional Tourism Trade Fair
15 March – 17 March 2024
PVA Expo Prague | Prague | Czech Republic
- The International Tourism Trade Fair HOLIDAY WORLD & REGION WORLD is the most important tourism and traveling event not just in the Czech Republic, but in the Central European region as well. The Fair will encompass almost the whole world once again. At traditional tourism fairs Holiday World & Region World which took place from 17th to 19th March 2023 at the PVA Expo Prague exhibition ground for the third time, were presented 306 exhibitors from 26 countries. Under the baton of the organizing company, ABF fairs were enjoyed by almost 28,000 satisfied visitors.
- The official website is here to rescue you with your questions. If interested, get a ticket.
Caucasus Tourism Fair
12 April -14 April 2024
ExpoGeorgia Trade Fair Centre | Tbilisi | Georgia
- The International Tourism Fair in Georgia “Caucasus Tourism Fair” – CTF is dedicated to the promotion of the Georgian reviving domestic tourism and foreign tourism destinations. The concentration on rebuilding Georgian holiday destinations and the increasing interest of Georgians to explore new attractions of the world encourages the development of Domestic, Regional and outgoing Tourism and Hotel Industry in the South Caucasus Region. This will be the leading theme of the Tourism Exhibition in Tbilisi.
- The world tends to ignore the beauties of Caucasus and we should get that fixed. Though modest in size, The Gabriadze Theater is among the world’s preeminent cultural institutions. Presenting mature puppet performances full of depth and meaning has gained the respect and recognition of international audiences and critics alike. Schedule your activities and off you go.
- See the calendar of cheap flights to Tbilisi to plan your trip and attendance at this event.
- Reserve a hotel room at the event dates in Tbilisi
Travel Tech Show 2024
19 June – 20 June 2024
ExCeL London | London | UK
- The UK’s Travel Tech Show is the premier event for those keen to get to grips with the latest digital technology developments in the travel sphere. “We bring together a dynamic ensemble of over 70 businesses each year.” quotes the official website of Travel Tech Show.
- For a wider range of information and regular updates you can simply register your interest on the site.
- Some of you are absolutely head over heels for the diachronic Harry Potter saga and you deserve a taste of it. Located on the outskirts of London, Warner Bros. Studio is home to a treasure trove of Harry Potter film sets, costumes, props, and other special mementos.
IFTM Top Resa 2024
International and French Travel Market
17 September – 19 September 2024
Porte de Versailles | Paris | France
- Created in 1979, the show called “Top Resa” took place in Deauville and was a specialist in the leisure target market. In 2008, there was a big shift, the show changed its name to “IFTM Top Resa”, moved to Paris and became a multi-target show covering all travel reasons: leisure, business, MICE & events, group & digital. Annually this event will host around 30300 visitors and an impressive 1400 exhibitors.
- All questions can be answered on their official website.
- As the conference is due to take place in Versailles, take the chance to tour it. This former unofficial capital of France sits just 10 miles from Paris and is easily reachable by train. Even though the Chateau de Versailles has been known as the epitome of indulgent luxury for centuries, seeing it in person is a jaw-dropping experience.
- See how to find cheap flights to Paris, France
ALTS Porto 2024
23 September – 24 September 2024
Porto | Portugal
- “For over 10 years, we have been operating in Europe’s most exciting capitals, facilitating strong business relationships and developing business from the region to your destinations.”
ALTS guarantees you 40 + meetings tailored for you with the top decision-makers of the luxury travel industry. Be excited to be welcomed for 2 evenings of new connections in the best venues the city has to offer.
- Feel free to register and visit the website for additional information.
- Porto has been a favorite for a hit minute. Come thirsty. Day trips are overflowing with wine tours. For shopping, dining (and more sipping), head to Cais da Ribeira along the Douro River.
TTG Travel Experience 2024
09 October – 11 October 2024
Rimini Fiera SpA | Rimini | Italy
- TTG Travel Experience is the key Italian event – only for professionals – for the promotion of global tourism. A hub of ideas for tourism operators worldwide, a source of information to identify new trends and innovations, tourism formats and consumer inspirations. There’s an estimation of 44647 visitors and 2131 exhibitors expected to attend considering the reports of previously organized TTG events.
- Have a growing company on the run? View the official website and register to access your tickets.
- Italy is beyond just seashores and the capital’s architecture. For your spare time consider taking a trip to the Tiberius Bridge also known as Ponte d’Augusto e Tiberio. It’s located on one of the ends of the city’s main street, Via Corso d’Augusto and is honestly worth the walk.
The 38th Philoxenia Travel Show in Greece
14 November – 16 November 2024
Thessaloniki International Exhibition & Congress Center | Thessaloniki | Greece
- The 38th Philoxenia concluded its annual event with a particularly joyful and creative three-day exhibition, filled with business meetings, conference events, and interesting parallel activities, once again underscoring the significance of this timeless gathering for the tourism sector in the country. For Philoxenia 2023 there were 431 exhibitors and more than 100 hosted buyers present.
- Visitor’s tickets are bought only with registration, which is detailed on their website.
- Thessaloniki has its beauties as it’s the second biggest city in Greece, however, there are landmarks around its borders you should never miss when you pay a visit. Mt. Olympus, the original home of the Greek gods, lies just over an hour’s drive from Thessaloniki. Explore the Dion Archaeological Park’s ancient sanctuaries; stroll past a crystal waterfall to the cave of St. Dionysius; visit an idyllic Greek village; and so much more.
- Explore the prices for flights to Thessaloniki
- Find hotels for the dates of the exhibition
From EuroDirections.com Editor
Going to travel shows is way more than just looking at fancy pictures. You get lots of cool stuff, like getting pumped up for your next trip and scoring special deals. Let’s check out five awesome reasons why going to travel shows makes your travel dreams even better.
Benefits of attending travel shows:
- Inspiration and Discovery: Travel shows expose you to a variety of destinations, cultures, and activities, sparking inspiration for your next adventure. It’s a great way to discover unique and off-the-beaten-path destinations that you might not have considered otherwise.
- Exclusive Deals and Discounts: Many travel shows offer exclusive deals and discounts on travel packages, accommodations, and activities. Attending these shows can save you money on your next trip by taking advantage of special offers that are often available only to event attendees.
- Networking Opportunities: Travel shows bring together travel enthusiasts, industry professionals, and experts. It’s a fantastic opportunity to network, exchange travel tips, and connect with like-minded individuals. You might even meet travel bloggers, photographers, or influencers who can provide valuable insights.
- Educational Seminars and Workshops: Travel shows often feature seminars and workshops conducted by travel experts. These sessions cover a range of topics such as travel planning, budgeting, safety tips, and cultural awareness. Attending these educational events can enhance your travel knowledge and skills.
- Cultural Experiences: Many travel shows showcase cultural performances, food tastings, and interactive experiences related to various destinations. This provides a glimpse into the diverse cultures around the world, allowing you to immerse yourself in the global tapestry and make more informed travel decisions.
See you at the travel shows and tourism industry conferences at one of the events above. Don’t forget to mention us if you find any interesting topics and decide to share them with your friends.
The presented events are selected randomly at the author’s discretion and under certain conditions, which does not mean that the EuroDirections.com platform represents, directs, or otherwise supports the presented events or their organizers.
Co-operation and support
We keep this guide up to date with fresh content regularly. If you believe your event is relevant for this guide feel free to send your information to our editorial team and we’ll get back to you shortly.