Looking to book a trip to Bologna? You’ve come to the right place! Our website offers advanced tools for searching and comparing flights from all airlines, travel agencies, and booking systems, making it easy for you to find the best deals on airfare. Take advantage of our cheap flights calendar to find the most cost-effective dates for your journey, compare ticket prices, and easily plan and organize your trip all in one place.
Flights to Bologna
Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport (BLQ) is a major airport located in the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy. It serves a variety of flights from various European countries and domestic destinations. The airport is well connected with major cities such as Munich, Barcelona, London, Paris, Frankfurt, and Rome. The most popular flights to Bologna are operated by major airlines such as Ryanair, Austrian Airlines, EasyJet, ITA Airways, Vueling, KLM, and Lufthansa. The airport is located about 6km northwest of the city center and offers various transportation options such as buses, trains, and taxis to reach the city.
10 important facts about Bologna
- Bologna is the capital of the Emilia-Romagna region in northern Italy.
- The city is known for its rich history and cultural heritage, dating back to ancient Roman times.
- Bologna is often referred to as “La Dotta,” meaning “The Learned,” because of its reputation as a center of higher education and the oldest university in the world, The University of Bologna.
- Bologna is renowned for its cuisine and is considered the culinary capital of Italy, famous for dishes such as ragù bolognese and tortellini.
- Bologna is home to the oldest surviving university botanical garden in the world, the Orto Botanico dell’Università di Bologna.
- The city has a well-preserved medieval old town, with many historical buildings and monuments, such as the Two Towers, the Basilica of San Petronio and the Archiginnasio of Bologna.
- Bologna is also known for its porticos, a characteristic feature of the city’s architecture, with over 38 km of covered walkways.
- Bologna is an important industrial city, with a well-developed economy and a strong presence of manufacturing and service sectors.
- Bologna is also a major transportation hub, with a well-connected airport and a high-speed train station.
- Bologna is also home to many museums and art galleries, such as the Museo Civico Archeologico and the Pinacoteca Nazionale di Bologna.
Bologna flights calendar
Select your location and see cheap air ticket prices for flights to Bologna for all dates of the selected month.
How to use cheap flights calendar?
- Click on the window of the month
- See the cheapest dates for your flight
- Or select another date
- Change the origin of the flight from Settings (top-left corner of the calendar)
- Change the flight type from Settings – one-way or two-way flights
- Clicking on the flight window you’ll be redirected to flight search results page on our search system
- You can book your chosen flight ticket on the platform which provides the online booking service
- Euro Directions platform is a search and comparison system, and doesn’t provide ticket booking services
Tips for a trip to Bologna
What to do in Bologna? Recommended activities for travelers in Bologna
- Go through the historic city center: Bologna’s medieval old town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and it’s perfect for a leisurely walk.
- Visit the Basilica of San Petronio: This impressive church is one of the largest in the world and is home to beautiful works of art.
- Visit the Two Towers: Bologna’s most famous landmarks, the Asinelli and Garisenda towers, offer great views of the city.
- Try the local cuisine: Bologna is known as the culinary capital of Italy, and the city offers a wide variety of delicious traditional dishes such as ragù bolognese and tortellini.
- Visit the University of Bologna: Founded in 1088, it’s the oldest university in the world, and it’s home to the oldest surviving university botanical garden in the world.
- Visit the Orto Botanico dell’Università di Bologna: This botanical garden is one of the oldest in the world, and it’s home to a wide variety of plants from around the globe.
- Visit the Pinacoteca Nazionale di Bologna: This art gallery is home to an impressive collection of works by local and international artists.
- Take a walk through the porticos: Bologna is known for its porticos, and a walk through the city’s covered walkways is a must-do.
- Visit the Museo Civico Archeologico: This museum is home to a wide variety of ancient artifacts and is a great place to learn more about Bologna’s history.
- Take a day trip to the nearby towns: Bologna is well-connected by train and bus, and there are many interesting towns nearby, such as Modena, Ferrara, and Ravenna, that are worth visiting.
Daily guided tours in Bologna
Air ticket finder
Quickly find cheap air tickets to and from any location in the world. We compare all airlines, travel agencies, and booking systems and show the best flights for your routes. Use our simple and user-friendly filters to choose the most convenient option for your trip.
Popular flights to & from Bologna
|direct flights to Bologna|