Table of Contents
Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal, is a charming destination that offers a rich history, stunning architecture, and a vibrant cultural scene. As the popularity of Lisbon continues to grow, so does the number of hotels in the city.
With so many options to choose from, it can be overwhelming to decide where to stay. In this article, we will highlight some of the most popular hotels in Lisbon to help you make the best decision for your stay in this beautiful city. From luxury accommodations to budget-friendly options, there is something for every traveler in Lisbon.
12 popular hotels in Lisbon
The hotels chosen in Lisbon were based on the following criteria:
- A review rating of 8 or higher
- Proximity to the city center
- Rooms that are comfortable
- Quality of breakfast
- Affordable prices
Browns Boutique Hotel
Lisbon Check-in Guesthouse
Esqina Cosmopolitan Lodge
Esqina Urban Lodge
Lisbon Serviced Apartments – Avenida
Duplo Charme Boutique HotelOpens in new window
Hotel Lis Baixa
Independente Príncipe Real
Hotel Marques De Pombal
Browns Central Hotel
54 São Paulo – Exclusive Apartment Hotel
Lisbon Cheese & Wine Suites
How can the list of popular hotels in Lisbon assist you?
- The compilation of top-rated hotels in Lisbon can simplify your search for high-quality lodging that fits your preferences and budget.
- Furthermore, the list facilitates the comparison of different hotels, aiding you in making an informed decision regarding your accommodation.
- It can also aid in discovering hotels in desirable locations, such as those near popular attractions or public transportation.
- Moreover, the list might include details regarding hotel amenities and services, such as restaurants, fitness centers, or business facilities.
- Lastly, it can help locate hotels that offer special promotions or discounts, providing opportunities for savings during your stay.
Don’t forget about things to do in Lisbon
If you are planning a trip to Lisbon, there are several must-do activities that you shouldn’t miss. Here are six things you should make sure to do when visiting Lisbon:
- Explore the historic neighborhood of Alfama: This charming district is one of the oldest in Lisbon and is filled with narrow streets, quaint shops, and traditional restaurants. Take a stroll through the neighborhood and enjoy the stunning views of the city from the Miradouro das Portas do Sol.
- Visit the iconic Belém Tower: This 16th-century tower is a symbol of Lisbon and is located on the banks of the Tagus River. Take a guided tour of the tower and learn about its history, or simply admire its impressive architecture from outside.
- Indulge in some traditional Portuguese cuisine: Lisbon is famous for its delicious food, and you should definitely try some of the city’s classic dishes during your stay. Be sure to try the seafood, pastéis de nata (custard tarts), and bacalhau (salt cod).
- Take a ride on Tram 28: This iconic yellow tram takes you on a scenic route through some of Lisbon’s most historic neighborhoods, including Alfama and Bairro Alto. It can be crowded, but it’s worth it for the unique experience and amazing views.
- Visit the São Jorge Castle: This medieval castle sits on a hilltop and offers stunning views of Lisbon. Explore the castle’s towers and ramparts, and take in the beautiful surroundings.
- Enjoy the nightlife in Bairro Alto: This bohemian neighborhood is known for its lively bars and clubs, making it the perfect spot for a night out. Join the locals and enjoy a few drinks while listening to live music or dancing the night away.
- If you’re intending to stay in Lisbon for an extended period, it’s essential to locate a place that offers comfortable amenities for work. I recommend perusing the directory of coworking spaces available in Lisbon.
By making sure to do these six things during your trip to Lisbon, you’ll get a taste of the city’s rich history, culture, and cuisine, and make unforgettable memories along the way.
Please note that the list of popular hotels in Lisbon is a compilation of hotels chosen based on their popularity and rating in various online booking systems, along with a selection of hotels chosen at random. This list is not reflective of our official opinion, and we cannot guarantee the quality of the hotels listed. The hotel information, such as photos, ratings, and prices, is provided by online booking systems that are connected to hotel aggregator systems.
Our travel planning platform, Euro Directions, is connected to hotellook hotel search system and provides the same services as the main search engine. However, we do not provide online booking services and do not represent any specific hotel. Please refer to our terms for further information.
Referral information: The information contains affiliate links, which means in case if users click to hotel links and make a booking, our website earns a commission.
Hope you’ll find what you looked for in the selection of popular hotels in Lisbon. Have a great travel!
* Did we miss any hotel? Please contact us in case if you think we should add more hotels to our hotel shortlist of popular hotels in Lisbon.
** Your trip to Portugal is starting from Lisbon airport. Browse the transfer options from the airport of Lisbon to the city center or your hotel.