Iberia has unveiled its flight schedule for the upcoming summer season, which aims to solidify its post-pandemic recovery by prioritizing its long-haul markets, namely Latin America and the United States.
Iberia flights to Latin America
The Spanish airline revealed in a press release that it plans to provide roughly 280 weekly services between Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas International Airport (MAD) and its destinations in 16 Latin American countries, where it regularly operates. This figure represents a 23.4% increase over the previous year and surpasses the numbers for 2019.
- Mexico City (MEX): Iberia has confirmed that it will maintain a frequency of three daily flights between Madrid and the capital of Mexico throughout the year.
- San Juan de Puerto Rico (SJU): There will be six weekly operations from July.
- Buenos Aires-Ezeiza (EZE): There will be two daily flights, consolidating the recovery of Iberia’s pre-pandemic frequency of services to Argentina.
- Quito (UIO): Iberia plans to offer six weekly flights during the summer season, which is two more than in the same period in 2022.
- Lima (LIM): The airline will increase its connections from seven to ten per week from June, with plans to operate two daily services in the future.
- Montevideo (MVD): There will be daily flights throughout the year.
- San José de Costa Rica (SJO): Daily services will be consolidated.
- Santiago de Chile (SCL): Iberia will consolidate its daily flights.
- Caracas (CCS): Iberia will maintain its frequency of three weekly operations, which began last November.
- Bogotá (BOG): Iberia has scheduled 18 weekly flights from June, with plans to offer 21 weekly operations (three daily flights) from November, which would triple the airline’s 2019 offering.
- Panama City (PTY): There will be between five and seven weekly flights during the summer season, with daily operations from November.
- Guayaquil (GYE): Iberia will offer three weekly services.
- Havana (HAV): There will be five weekly flights.
- Santo Domingo (SDQ): There will be one daily service, and Iberia plans to recover its pre-pandemic offering.
Moreover, the frequency of daily flights between Guatemala City (GUA) and El Salvador (SAL), which began in December, will be maintained.
Iberia’s routes in the United States
Iberia has announced the resumption of its summer routes from Madrid to Washington-Dulles (IAD) and San Francisco (SFO), and has scheduled a 15% increase in flights to the United States compared to 2022. In total, the airline plans to offer as many as 124 weekly services between Spain and its eight North American destinations.
Iberia has released its flight schedule for the upcoming summer season, with a plan to increase the number of flights to the United States. The airline will operate the following routes:
- San Francisco (SFO): three services a week from May to October.
- Los Angeles (LAX): Four weekly flights will be available from April, and this will increase to five weekly flights from May to October.
- New York (JFK): Iberia will operate two daily flights from March to December.
- Dallas (DFW): Starting in April, there will be five flights a week, which will increase to six in May and daily services from June to October.
- Miami (MIA): Starting in March, there will be two daily services, which will be maintained until the end of the year.
- Boston (BOS): There will be one daily flight between April and October.
- Chicago-O’Hare (ORD): Iberia will maintain a daily flight from March to December.
- Washington-Dulles (IAD): four weekly connections between April and October.
From Madrid to United States of America
Calendar of flights
Summer routes in Europe by Iberia
Iberia has plans to strengthen its seasonal flights to and from various destinations including Bergen (BGO), Catania (CTA), Dubrovnik (DBV), Olbia (OLB), Split (SPU), and Zagreb (ZAG). Additionally, the company will increase its services to Corfu (CFU), Mykonos (JMK), and Santorini (JTR).
Air Nostrum will operate flights to Faro (FAO) between June and September, and the regional airline will increase the frequency of its flights to Bordeaux (BOD) and Nantes (NTE).
Iberia will also offer up to four daily flights to Düsseldorf (DUS) and operate nine weekly services to Stockholm (ARN) from May, increasing connections to ten per week in July. Services to the Italian airports of Rome (FCO), Milan-Malpensa (MXP), and Venice (VCE) will also be increased.
Moreover, the air bridge connecting Madrid (MAD) and Barcelona (BCN) will have up to 86 weekly flights during the summer, which represents an increase of eleven weekly connections compared to 2022 and reaches 2019 levels.