EasyJet, a low-cost airline based in the UK, has announced its plan to introduce a new route between the Adriatic city of Pula in Croatia and Naples in Italy.
The flights are set to commence in the summer of 2023 and will be operated twice a week, on Mondays and Fridays, between June 26th and September 1st, according to the flight schedule.
The move comes after the country recorded a significant increase in foreign tourist arrivals, with over 15.3 million visitors in 2022, a 44% year-over-year increase, as reported by the Croatian statistical office.
Flights from Naples, Italy
Brief about Pula, Croatia
Pula is a city located in the Istria region of Croatia, known for its rich history and diverse culture. Some of the famous facts about Pula include:
- Ancient Roman heritage: Pula is home to several well-preserved Roman ruins, including the impressive Roman Arena, which was used for gladiatorial contests and is now one of the best-preserved ancient structures in the world.
- Nautical history: Pula has a long history as a major nautical center, and the city’s ancient port remains an important hub for the fishing and tourist industries.
- Film and cultural festival: Pula is also famous for hosting the Pula Film Festival, which is one of the oldest and most important film festivals in Europe. The city also hosts several other cultural events throughout the year, including music and dance performances.
- Beautiful beaches: Pula is surrounded by a number of beautiful beaches, including the stunning Rt Kamenjak, which is a popular destination for swimming, sunbathing, and water sports.
- Wine and cuisine: Pula is located in the heart of Croatia’s Istria region, which is famous for its excellent wine and cuisine. Visitors can enjoy local specialties such as truffles, olive oil, and seafood, as well as try the region’s famous Malvazija and Teran wines.